FRANKLIN, Mass. -- The Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) is rolling out a new system for its member schools that will help the state's Athletic Directors, coaches, tournament directors and others improve processes and increase efficiences related to scheduling and managing sporting events throughout the state. The Association originally worked with AllofE to launch a new organizational website last year (http://miaa.net).
MIAA was looking for a more automated, modern system to replace the previous system they used, which was outdated and inflexible. Because of the relationship between AllofE and MIAA, and AllofE's vast experience in enterprise-level K-12 systems, MIAA chose to work with AllofE again on this custom project. The new system is able to make connections between various parts of the system, helps MIAA get rid of old, paper-based processes, and will grow with the organization as it evolves over time.
With the new system, schools will be able to:
- Share parent pages with team schedules and contact information
- Use a calendar-based scheduling system
- Import student files and create rosters
- Utilize Google Map feature that will automatically generate directions to game locations
- Export bus schedules
- Manage facilities and student databases
- Track scores and automatically generate league standings
- Generate brackets for post-season play
- Fill out mission-critical forms for MIAA through an online system
- Manage coaching staff, student ambassadors, and teams
- Generate and print team schedules
- Generate and run various reports
- Automatically send game change updates to parents and the community
- Post Job Listings and Games Wanted to all school dashboards
- And much more...
This system will be used by 372 schools and almost every school district in Massachusetts, in turn affecting tens of thousands of student-athletes in 33 MIAA-recognized sports. MIAA administrators will be able to effectively communicate with member schools through the system and will be able to streamline organizational processes in an effort to move to a more web-based platform.
MIAA plans to roll out the new system over the next few weeks in time for the fall season.
The Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Associationis a private, non-profit association organized by its member schools to govern, coordinate and promote education based programs for high school students. The MIAA is self-regulating with the 372 member schools providing individual leaders to serve within the 35 MIAA governance units.The mission of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association is to serve member schools and the maximum number of their students by providing leadership and support for the conduct of interscholastic activities which will enrich the educational experiences of all participants. The MIAA will promote interschool activities that provide lifelong and life-quality learning experiences to students while enhancing their achievement of educational goals.
About AllofE Solutions
AllofE Solutions is a software development company based in Lawrence, Kansas working with corporate and public institutions. For more information, please visit allofe.com.